Help Starts Here.
Life is full of opportunities and challenges. You can count on United Way to help guide you through.
When you need help, Alaska 2-1-1 is a phone call away.
Every hour of every day, an Alaskan needs essential services – from finding food and shelter to quality care for a child or aging parent. Alaska 2-1-1 is ready to help. When you dial 211 or 1.800.478.2221, you will reach a caring specialist who will connect you with the community resources that best fit your needs. Don’t let life’s challenges overwhelm you or someone you know. Find the resources you need at Alaska 2-1-1.
Service is available statewide by dialing 211 or 1.800.478.2221 from 8:30 a.m. to Noon and 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and online anytime at www.alaska211.org.
Minimize your stress, maximize your return with FREE TAX PREP SERVICES
You can save preparation and filing fees, improve the accuracy of your return, and ensure you receive the credits and benefits you qualify for – all for FREE – by utilizing Anchorage’s Free Tax Preparation services.
For more information, call 211 or 1.800.478.2221
Health Insurance Enrollment Assistance
United Way is committed to connecting Anchorage residents to quality affordable health insurance coverage. In-person assisters (Health Care Navigators) are available to help you and your loved ones enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace or apply for Medicaid.
Open Enrollment for 2018 is November 1, 2017 – December 15, 2017
Free and confidential help by United Way Navigators includes:
- Selecting the best Marketplace plan for you and your family
- Applying for coverage at HealthCare.gov and applying for financial assistance (premium tax credits)
- Renewing or updating your current plan
- Applying for Medicaid and Denali KidCare
Do you know that:
- Financial help is available. 90% of covered Alaskans received help paying for their health insurance.
- All plans must cover important benefits like doctor visits, prescriptions, and hospital stays, and many preventive services are covered at no cost.
- There is a penalty for not having healthcare coverage. If you, or anyone in your household, did not get covered in 2017, you may have to pay a penalty when you file your 2017 taxes.
Call 2-1-1 or 1-800-478-2221 to talk to a United Way Navigator or to schedule an appointment.