about Red Nose Day
We believe in a just world free from poverty and use the power of entertainment to create positive change in the world.
Red Nose Day is a campaign dedicated to raising money for children and young people living in poverty by simply having fun and making people laugh. The inaugural Red Nose Day will be held in the US on May 21st, 2015. People across the country will come together to have fun and raise funds and awareness. United Way is one of 12 charities chosen to receive funds. The day’s events will culminate in a three-hour entertainment TV special on NBC featuring the country’s favorite comedians, musicians and Hollywood stars—it’s a show not to be missed! Join us at our Viewing Party at the Hard Rock Cafe Anchorage – doors open at 6:30pm on May 21st!
Red Nose Day Funds
The money raised through Red Nose Day goes to organizations that help children and young people in the US and across the world. United Way is one of 12 organizations the Red Nose Day Fund works with to benefit children in three key ways:
- Keep them safe: by reducing levels of violence, exploitation & abuse
- Educate them: by improving access to good quality basic education and helping them with job training when they grow up
- Make sure they’re healthy: by giving them access to primary healthcare, clean water & sanitation
United Way of Anchorage has submitted a proposal for a $100,000 grant from the Red Nose Day Fund to support our work in the community to promote early childhood reading proficiency. Grant awards will be announced after the Red Nose Day event.
How You Can Get Involved
Help spread the word!
Get your red nose at Walgreens and take a photo wearing your nose and post it on social media – #RedNoseANC.
Encourage your friends to join in the fun – make a video, dress up to raise awareness, raise funds and donate.
Join us at any of these events to pick up a nose and bring your crowd to the Viewing Party to celebrate and watch the show!
- Skinny Raven Urban Challenge – May 12
- Skinny Raven Red Nose Run – May 19
- Bike to Work Day – May 20
- Viewing Party at the Hard Rock Cafe – doors open at 6:30pm – May 21