Pick up a Summer Read-Aloud Challenge bookmark from one of the Raising Cane’s restaurants in Anchorage (1172 N Muldoon Rd and 849 E Dimond Blvd).
You can also get your bookmark by visiting the United Way of Anchorage booth at one of the following community events:
- Anchorage Downtown Partnership Downtown Solstice Festival – June 18, 2022, 12 – 5 p.m. – Town Square Park, 544 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501
- Juneteenth City-Wide Celebration – June 19, 2022, 1 – 6 p.m. – Delaney Park Strip, 300 W 9th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501
- United Way Night at the Ballpark (FREE Anchorage Bucs vs. Anchorage Pilots baseball game) – July 8, 2022, 7 – 9 p.m. – Mulcahy Stadium, 498 E 16th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501
- Bear Paw Festival – July 16, 2022 – 12 p.m. – 10 p.m. – 12001 Business Blvd, Eagle River, AK 99577
Read 7 books and have a parent or guardian initial the paw prints on the bookmark. Friends and relatives can read aloud to children, too!
Bring the bookmark to Raising Cane’s for a FREE KIDS COMBO!*
- 1172 N Muldoon Rd, Suite J, Anchorage, AK 99504
- 849 E Dimond Blvd, Anchorage, AK 99515
Be sure to complete and enter the Read-Aloud Challenge signed bookmark (with parent or guardian’s first and last name and phone number written on it) for your chance to win FREE Raising Cane’s meals for a year!** The drawing will take place at the READ UNITED End of Summer Book Bash on August 10. More details to come soon!
* Valid for one free kids combo at any participating Raising Cane’s restaurant. One-time use only. Valid for kids age 12 and under. Not valid with any other offer.
**First name, last name, and phone number must be present on the bookmark for valid entry. The winning recipient is entitled to one Free Box Combo weekly for 52 weeks. The first Free Box Combo will be loaded on the card at the time of delivery. An additional Free Box Combo will be loaded to the card each Monday. The recipient must use the physical card to redeem the offer. Free Box Combos do not accumulate on the card – Each Free Box Combo is only valid the week it is issued. See card for specific details.
the summer read-aloud challenge is BROUGHT TO YOU BY