Events that Inspire Hope and Improve Lives in Anchorage
Your involvement in community events helps create a thriving community for us all. Everything from Walk 4 Warmth and Chalk the Walks to the Day of Caring Food Drive and Free Tax Prep, your energy and resources advance United Way’s work and make measurable, lasting change for our community.
FACEBOOK LIVE SERIES: MAKING TAX PREP EASIER
It’s tax time, and AARP Foundation Tax-Aide volunteers are ready to help you through a series of Facebook Live events and free tax prep assistance by appointment.
Join us on the United Way of Anchorage or the Anchorage Public Library Facebook page on Thursdays for 10 weeks beginning January 28 from 2:00-2:30 p.m. as Tax-Aide tax preparers or IRS staff talk about a tax topic. Feel free to submit your questions in the comments.
- 03/04/2021 – COVID-Related Tax Law Changes for Self-Employed Taxpayers
- 03/11/2021 – Taxes and Your College Student
- 03/18/2021 – Investing in Retirement and Your Taxes
- 03/25/2021 – What to Do About Unfiled Taxes From Past Years
- 04/01/2021 – Planning for Next Tax Year & Filing an Extension if Necessary
- 01/28/2021 – EITC: The Earned Income Tax Credit
- 02/04/2021 – Organizing Your Tax Records
- 02/11/2021 – What is a Tax Household? Who are My Dependents?
- 02/18/2021 – When Do Dependents Need to File Taxes and How?
- 02/25/2021 – COVID-Related Recovery Rebate Credit/Economic Impact Payments