We know that neither the burden nor the recovery from the pandemic is being experienced equally. Please join the thousands of donors, volunteers, corporate partners and service providers working together with United Way of Anchorage to help our struggling neighbors go from just surviving to thriving.
Last year, we:
- Helped 7000 families keep housing and hope with rent and utility assistance.
- Helped 58 restaurants stay in business, 605 workers in those restaurants keep or regain their jobs, provided 20 nonprofits with over 110,00 meals for hungry Alaskans at 34 service sites through Restaurant & Hunger Relief.
- Supported safe “learning pods” at elementary schools so some of the students with the fewest family resources could keep up in school during the pandemic shutdown.
- Provided an expanded Alaska 2-1-1 helpline service, as we became the pandemic resource line for both the Municipality of Anchorage and State of Alaska. Over 70,000 calls for help were answered, a 300% increase.
- Transitioned our health navigator service to online support so people could continue to gain health insurance through the Affordable Care Act, when they needed it.
- And, with the help of many partners, maintained the “Back on Track” initiative, providing remote learning and supports for students facing a range of hardships so that they could earn their high-school diplomas.
With your help, we will continue to be there – in the moment of crisis and for the long haul. When we UNITE so that all may THRIVE, we can build a stronger, more resilient Anchorage.
Make a one-time or recurring donation to our community’s most pressing needs or the nonprofit of your choice.
Give with a DAF.
Amplify your strategic philanthropic goals using your donor advised fund.
If you have a donor advised fund with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab charitable or BNY Mellon, DAF Direct enables you to recommend grants to United Way of Anchorage directly from your DAF.
Donate a portion of your Permanent Fund Dividend to support the causes you care about.
Bequests and other Planned Gifts
With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to United Way of Anchorage as part of your estate plan.